Friday 16 September 2011

On The Roll

Today has above all else been a day for productivity. I woke up in the mood for getting things done; going out and ensuring that life continues smoothly. Usually days like this have a tendency to get you down because it is never entirely practical to complete all the missions you set yourself to a high standard, yet nothing I did today required my usual perfectionist attitude.
I began with the boring bit; finances. I have a financial ineptitude and I rarely hide it. I know I'm bad with money. Today was about exerting a little bit of effort to try and set things in order once and for all. I've finally left my old bank who were messing me around in favour for having all my accounts managed by the same bank. This has all gone relatively smoothly.
Second up I enquired about further education - something I might reveal more about soon. Thirdly I have begun the chase towards work. The last couple of days have proven that getting work in the creative industries is going to be a job in itself and is something I must persist with and keep on top of. It won't be easy, but for me there has always been a thrill-of-the-chase element to my life. Even if the destination isn't what I thought it would be, it has always been about the journey.
Finally I've begun tidying the flat. It has been a state since I started work on my dissertation and I couldn't stand working in it any longer, so I've begun what will hopefully continue to be the start of a new and better life in Portsmouth.
I will update more soon, so long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment