Thursday 15 September 2011

New Projects.

So I've been searching for volunteer work in journalism, columnist writing and so forth. The search began when I realised that every real job in journalism requires people with experience. My friend pointed out that the experience didn't need to be paid so I spent some time looking for magazines that needed free writers. This is apparently harder than it sounds.
After my search returned only one response for a woman's lifestyle magazine that requested I submitted the exact same information I already had done to another page I confess, I lost faith in that idea.
This brought about the idea of creating my own online magazine, so with this new idea in mind I approached my fellow group of writers from the Masters and we began brain storming ideas. We're still in the process of figuring out what kind of magazine it will be, but hopefully it will be an opportunity for us and other writers of a similar disadvantage to promote ourselves. Who knows.
On top of that I've been working on some music for my new project. A couple of ideas are sounding quite promising and I might reveal snippits soon. I've also asked a couple of friends from my newly acquainted Crossfade Amateur Dramatics group if they'd be interested in singing on it and we seem to have come to an agreement.
All in all things are moving smoothly, keep an eye on this, more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment