Sunday 11 September 2011

Beginning.

It has occurred to me that I spend too much of my time thinking about the things that I want and things that I don't have rather than enjoying what I do have. I've spent a great deal of my year thinking about what I want to achieve rather than actually achieving them. I've spent time trying to create an image for myself rather than accepting who I am already.

What have I achieved this year? Well, I've celebrated my engagement, self-published a poetry book, completed a masters degree in creative writing, returned to the stage and written a fair portion of my first novel. I think I could do more, but I should be happy with what I have achieved so far.

This brings me to wonder what drives people. I read stories about other people's accomplishments, and that is what drives me. I want to be the person people are reading about. I want people to think 'He's a busy, creative guy.' But I don't know why I want people to think that. There is no benefit in that for me other than a sense of achievement. I guess that must be it. I just enjoy feeling like I've accomplished something.

As you can see, I've decided to start blogging again. As much for me as anyone else. It's a good release and it keeps me writing. This time it won't be filled with things I want to do, but things that I am doing. I've spent too much of my life wanting things and not enough time going out and achieving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment